This pattern is unrestricted; it is used within any architectural layer.
A PED Exception (Exception) supports multiple behaviors beyond those provided by the Java specification.
- Guarantees self-logging once and only once (configurable)
- Guarantees self-emailing once and only once (configurable)
- May be extended (or used compositionally) for behaviors such as:
- JAX-WS self-faulting
- JAX-RS self-responding
- Self-auditing etc.
|Extend Base Class||Y|
|Static Public Methods (enum}||N|
|Delegate to Helper||Y||2.|
- Stateful Exceptions can enable enhanced functionality.
- Value-add functions, like self-logging, may be handled in a Helper class.